Thursday, August 13, 2015

Resurrecting the Beast- With a New Purpose

For a good long while I've let any pretenses of writing lay quietly in a corner molding away. It happens you know, the whole 2 kids, a husband and a job thing. Most nights I want a nice adult beverage, a video game or a book, and soft sheets. But for the last 3 years now my husband and I have been patiently sitting on a piece of property we bought in 2012 that we planned to build on. Like fluffy little hens we sat on this egg until the time was right, and now on the cusp of pouring a foundation, I find this is a project I really want to have clear memories of.

I'm the kind of person who is terrible about cameras, can't be bothered to take a picture, and is too busy living in the moment to stop and think about how much I enjoy reminiscing sometimes. I've written a blog before but with much different, monetary goals. It's nice this time to write something for myself and my family so we can remember all the hard work we've put into this dream. Kind of like when Brandon and I caught Bowen looking at old photos of us, it was nice to remember what being skinny and well-rested was like!

Here's a peek of the monster that will consume our lives for the next 9 months or so. I can't wait to install tile, stain concrete floors, and build tables with you, whoever you may be. If you like building things too, please feel free to chime in and tell me about your experiences, I'd love to connect with you!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment